Tuesday 26 April 2011

How To Install CyanogenMod on HTC Tattoo (Click)

Recently I got the chance to install the famous CyanogenMod on a HTC Tattoo (Click) device.
After some unsuccessful attempt I realized that CyanogenMod wiki about this device is quite incomplete and obscure. Since I finally reached the goal I'm here to tello you some advices you may find useful:

Obtaining root privileges

The easiest way to obtain root privileges is to use the famous xda-developers 1 Click Root apk.
You can find it here (by the way, if you own an Android device you HAVE TO be an xda-developers.com member. It's awesome! But I'm sure that all of you already know it!). The usage of this application needs no explaination. Just install it by using your favourite file manager, launch it and follow screen instructions.

Installing ClockworkMod Recovery

For me this operation was a bit tricky.... Wiki on CyanogenMod was quite incomplete and didn't work at all for me... So I had to try some other solution. First of all download ROM Manager from the Market. This is a great application and I recommend you to buy the premium edition.
Once you have it on your phone, launch it and choose the first option (Install ClockworkMod Recovery). After the recovery installation choose the second option Reboot in recovery. If everything was good your phone shoud reboot and you should see something like this:

Installing CyanogenMod

Now the work is almost done. Reboot your phone normally and rerun the ROM Manager application.
Choose the Download ROM option and then CyanogenMod. You will be asked what to choose wether to download Google apps too or not and the download should start. When the download is over you will be asked what to do about your data and if you want to clear cache and data. Choose the preferred option and the phone will reboot.
It will take a few minutes and after the wait your phone should awake to a new life!!!!


Feel free to comment and add if necessary any corrections.
Cheers

8 comments:

  1. I will try this tonight, wish me luck ;)
    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you reached the goal. If not tell me and I'd be pleased to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude you rock , this really helped, now cm7 works on my tattoo thanks to you !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that! Thanx for your appreciation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't seem to get rom manager to work. I root the device, download and install the rom manager from the google market, but I keep getting the following error when I try and run rom manager:

    The application ROM manager (process.com.koushikdutta.rommanager)has stopped unexpectedly. please try again

    Does that everytime I try and run it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That seems to be a ROM Manager issue... I think you should contact the developers and explain them what exactly is going wrong...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I flash clockworld recovery i get a message "an error occcured while flashing your recovery" why is this happening ?

      Delete
    2. Sorry but I don't own the tattoo anymore so I can't be very helpful. I can tell you that I never got what occurs to you flashing the recovery... There may be some problem on your device HW but I can't really say.... Sorry...

      Delete